Free SFTP, SCP and FTP Client
Sometimes you need to be sure that your FTP transfers are not going to get hijacked or intercepted by a third party. Most FTP applications are not designed for secure transfers over SSL which is why WinSCP was developed.
The WinSCP program (for Windows users) is a great alternative FTP client you should really try out. It is an open source free SFTP client and FTP client for Windows. Legacy SCP protocol is also supported.Its main function is safe copying of files between a local and a remote computer.
For starters, WinSCP is not the easiest FTP client to use. Because of the extra security features, it can appear overwhelming at first although it does feature a graphical user interface. It also supports integration with Windows in terms of drag & dropping files, pasting in URL’s and shortcuts.
- Graphical user interface
- Translated into several languages
- Integration with Windows (drag&drop, URL, shortcut icons)
- U3 support
- All common operations with files
- Support for SFTP and SCP protocols over SSH-1 and SSH-2 and plain old FTP protocol
- Batch file scripting and command-line interface
- Directory synchronization in several semi or fully automatic ways
Integrated text editor
- Support for SSH password, keyboard-interactive, public key and Kerberos (GSS) authentication
- Integrates with Pageant (PuTTY authentication agent) for full support of public key authentication with SSH
- Explorer and Commander interfaces
- Optionally stores session information
- Optionally supports portable operation using a configuration file in place of registry entries, suitable for operation from removable media
Not sure where to start, after you downloaded it? They have guides and useful tutorials to help you out. There is Portable as well as installer version is available for download.
If security is your concern, you won’t be disappointed by WinSCP.