How to install Puppy Linux In Virtual Box
Hello guys! Today I’m going to tell and show you (using images) how to install Puppy Linux in Virtual Box. If you are a regular visitor then you definitely going to ask why Puppy Linux? then here is your answer and if you’ re not then you are here for this only =)).
This is not the only thing- "to show you how to install Puppy Linux on Virtual Box" but I’m also experimenting with my blog by doing it LIVE.
As I do any step I’ll update this post. Those who saw this post incomplete don’t worry by the end of the day you’ll find it completed (actually it doesn’t going to take that much time ).
So here we go.
HOW TO INSTALL PUPPY LINUX IN VIRTUAL BOX
- All you need Virtual Box (Download it from here) and ISO Image of Puppy Linux (Download it from here).
- Install Virtual Box in your machine.
- Click on New Button ->Write Name, select Operating System and Linux Version.
- Click Next -> On Memory select how much RAM you want you want to allocate to the VM (Virtual Machine).
- Click Next-> keep the option default -> again Click Next-> New window open "create a new virtual hard disk (VHD)" then again click next-> select which type of storage you want. Dynamic or fixed storage. Here I chooses fixed one.
- Again Click next. Now you have to set the location and the size of your VHD.
- Click next and click on finish button. In the end you’ll see summary then again click finish.
- If you think that’s the end.. its not. Till now we have only create VHD, set RAM for our Puppy Linux but haven’t install it. Now that’s what we need to do.
- Click on Setting Tab on the top. now click on storage.
- Click on Empty -> click on folder type icon on the right to open Virtual Media Manager.
- Click on Add button. Browse and attach Puppy Linux ISO image. Click on Select Button
- Click On OK button.
- You are done! Click on Start button.
- Screen shots coming your way … stay tuned.
All formatting done!
Keep Linux ready on your machine may be coming software’s, tips and tricks based on Linux and don’t forget to share your ideas, problem with us