Only few people using Windows Operating system, know that Windows XP and Vista comes bundled with a generic Bluetooth driver. Many people get dumped by buying Bluetooth manager softwares to transfer data between their Bluetooth Devices.Today I’m going to share with you a trick 😉
This topic would be important to those who lost their Bluetooth driver disc or want to create custom name for their Bluetooth dongle device or want to make Bluetooth dongle Windows compatible!
Firstly, we create custom name for your Bluetooth Device and make it Windows Compatible.
Here we go:-
- Plug the Bluetooth dongle.
- Cancel the driver installation wizard.
- go to device manager (run->devmgmt.msc) & right click on the "usb device" that would be written in yellow color then click on properties.
- Now click on the "Details" tab.
- You will see a drop-down list box, from the box select "Hardware Ids"in the below box you will see 2 different hardware ids.Click on the last hardware id & press Ctrl+C to copy the hardware id.
- Now goto run & type "c:\windows\inf\bth.inf"(without quotes)
- a notepad file will appear, scroll down a bit till you find different manufactures name in square brackets[ ]. below will be the model name and number of the Bluetooth that windows in-built driver supports.
- Now under any manufacture’s name type the name you want to give to your Bluetooth device.After that out "=" and then type "BthUsb," then put a space and then paste the hardware id.
Example : I want my Bluetooth name to be "AKS-Feel The Change!"
so i will write :
AKS-Feel The Change=BthUsb, "hardware id"
lets say this way:
AKS-Feel The Change=BthUsb,USB\Vid_1caa&Pid_0001
- Now save the file. vista users must give rights to the bth.inf file before saving the file or it won’t save.
- Now go to the Bluetooth properties from where you copied the hardware id and go to the driver file.
- Click re-install driver or update driver.
- let windows search the driver automatically.
- Now windows will treat the USB device as compatible which has in-built driver support.
Now your Bluetooth Dongle work perfectly.
Now, the question is how to access it?
Here’s the answer go to run –> type “fsquirt” (without quotes)
Now, you can easily send and receive files from your Desktop or Laptop without installing any other software.
Read Full Post | Make a Comment ( 2 so far )